Configure SNMP V1 Alert Actions in Asset Manager
An alert action is an automated response to a user-specified condition, and can be set for any environmental condition or asset status that is being managed or monitored within Asset Manager. Typical alert conditions include temperatures falling outside of range or assets moving from an allowed area; alert actions define Asset Manager's response to that condition.
SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) Alert Actions send messages to an external (third-party) server. The Alert Action must be configured before it is available for use with any alert conditions.
To configure an SNMP V1 Alert Action in Asset Manager:
- Navigate to Alert Management > Actions.
- Click New.
- Select an alert action from the drop-down list, or select a pre-existing action to edit.
- Complete all required and any desired additional fields.
NOTE: Asterisks (*) mark required fields.
- Name: Name the alert action and select the Enabled checkbox to enable the action.
- Action Schedule: Click the [...] button which will prompt a scheduling window. Disable and enable the days/times that you would like to schedule this action for. By default, the action schedule is set to "Always Active". This means that, left in the default state, the action will execute any time an associated alert threshold opens/closes. To disable certain days/times, select the day/ time blocks you would like to disable and click the Disable button. Or select the Disable All button which will disable the action schedule for all days/times. To enable certain day/time slots, select the desired days/times and click the Enable button. To enable all day/time slots, click the Enable All button. Click the OK button to save the schedule or the Cancel button to cancel the schedule.
- Repeat alert action: Check this box to allow the alert action to repeat.
- Alert Action Repeat Interval: Specify the number of seconds of the interval you would like for the alert action to repeat at.
- Alert When Resolved: Check this box to enable a message to trigger a notice when the alert has been resolved.
Alert Action Configuration
- Hostname: Specify the hostname of the server the trap will be sent to.
- Port: Select the port that the destination server is listening on (by default this is 162).
- Community String: Authentication of clients is performed by a community string, in effect a type of password, which is transmitted in clear text. Input the community string for your server (by default this is set to “public”).
- Agent IP Address: Input the IP address of your agent (a network-management software module that resides on a managed device).
Additional Alert Information
- Additional Attributes: Select any additional attributes you would like to publish for the alert.
- Save Changes when finished. The alert action is now available to be used for any applicable alert condition.
NOTE: For more about SNMP trap formatting, refer to the SNMP Trap Formatting article. To allow your trap receiver to decode traps from Asset Manager, you may use the RF Code MIB.