How to Set Up a Humidity Alert Email for Existing Temperature and/or Humidity Tags in Asset Manager
To set up a humidity alert e-mail for an existing temperature and/or humidity tag, perform the following steps:
- In User Console, click on the Alert Management tab in the left-hand column.
- Click on the Thresholds tab.
- In the Asset Alert Threshold window, choose Humidity Alert Threshold from the drop-down menu.
- After you do, you will see the below screen:
- Fill out the relevant form fields. For example:
Name: Humidity Alert Threshold
Threshold Filter Asset Type: Sensor (would cover all sensor tags).
First Attribute Value Operator: “>=” or “>” are logical choices.
First Attribute Value: “45” or your numerical preference (this is the Relative Humidity (RH) percentage value).
The fields in the screenshot are populated with sample information:
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom left of the Asset Alert Threshold window.
- Click on the Actions tab, which is underneath the Alert Management tab.
- In the Asset Alert Action window, choose Email Alert Action from the drop-down menu.
You will then see the following screen:
- Fill out the form with the relevant fields. For example:
Name: Email John Doe.
Email Address(es): email@example.com
The fields in the following screenshot are populated with the sample information:
Note: There are other fields you can complete to enable other features, but they are not required for simple email alerts.
Repeat Alert Action - to repeat the email alert
Alert Action Repeat Interval – to choose the time interval you want the alert email to be repeatedly sent using
Alert When Resolved– to inform you when the alert is resolved
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom left of the Asset Alert Action window.
- Go back and click on the Thresholds tab, which is underneath the Alert Management tab, and then In the Asset Alert Threshold window, choose Humidity Alert Threshold from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to the Alert Actions field, and click on the button with 3 dots (the "Ellipsis Button") to the right of the field to bring up the Alert Actions dialog box.
- Choose the alert you just created (in this example called “Email John Doe”), and either double-click on it to move it from the “Available” list to the “Selected” list, or you can do the same thing by highlighting the alert you just created and clicking on the right arrow so that you see it appear in the “Selected” list, so it resembles the screenshot of the dialog box below:
- Click the OK button.
You can now see in the screenshot below that the Action named “Email John Doe” is now in the Alert Actions field:
- Click the Save Changes button.