1 - Redo Screenshots
A Policy consists of a defined set of parameters. When a policy is applied to an asset or summary location, all threshold values, status attributes, and actions associated with the policy are applied, including attributes inherited from any parent policy.
CenterScape’s data schema includes two Environmental Monitoring Policies: the Standard EM Policy and a Relaxed EM Policy. Each of these Environmental Monitoring Policies includes a dozen Attributes that together set the allowable temperature and humidity ranges to be applied. You can use these policies as presented, change the default values for the included Attributes, or create a new Policy.
Standard EM Policy
The EM Policy Parameters set for the Standard EM Policy are:
- EM Policy High Temperature Ceiling: 89.6°F
- EM Policy High Temperature Critical: 86.0°F
- EM Policy High Temperature Warning: 80.6°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Warning: 68.0°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Critical: 66.2°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Floor: 64.4°F
- EM Policy High Humidity Ceiling: 80%
- EM Policy High Humidity Critical: 75%
- EM Policy High Humidity Warning: 70%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Warning: 40%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Critical: 35%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Floor: 30%
Relaxed EM Policy
The EM Policy Parameters set for the Relaxed EM Policy are:
- EM Policy High Temperature Ceiling: 91.4°F
- EM Policy High Temperature Critical: 87.8°F
- EM Policy High Temperature Warning: 82.4°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Warning: 66.2°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Critical: 64.4°F
- EM Policy Low Temperature Floor: 62.6°F
- EM Policy High Humidity Ceiling: 85%
- EM Policy High Humidity Critical: 80%
- EM Policy High Humidity Warning: 75%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Warning: 35%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Critical: 30%
- EM Policy Low Humidity Floor: 25%
Editing a Policy
- Navigate to Admin Console > Data Schema > Custom Attribute Types.
- Select the Policy to be edited.
- In the Attributes pane, click an Attribute to select it and click the Edit button.
- In the Attribute pop-up window, change the default value.
NOTE: Temperature values are saved in Celsius. Default values are displayed in Celsius in the Edit Attribute box. The word Fahrenheit appears to the right of the box if the system is set to convert temperatures, and the converted temperature appears in the Attributes pane.
- Click OK to save.
Repeat for any additional attributes to be changed. You may need to change the default values for one or more attributes.
Applying an EM Policy to a Rack
A Policy can be applied to a Summary-Location Asset when the asset is created or at any time thereafter. CenterScape includes the Environmental Monitoring Policy in the Rack Asset Type by default.
NOTE: Before a Policy can be applied to any other Summary-Location Asset, you must add the Policy to the Asset Type.
- To apply an EM Policy to a Rack that has been created, select the rack and click Edit. To apply to a new Rack asset, Create a Rack.
- In the Rack Environmental Monitoring field, select Intake Only or Intake and Exhaust.
The Environmental Monitoring Policy field appears when a Rack Environmental Monitoring option of Intake Only or Intake and Exhaust is selected. This field is not visible if no Rack Environmental Monitoring menu item has been chosen.
- From the Environmental Monitoring Policy drop-down menu, select a policy to apply to the rack.
- Click Save or Save & Add Another when finished.
All threshold values and attributes are inherited from the policy and applied to the rack. Custom alert thresholds can be set based on policy compliance.
EM Policy Compliance Reports
CenterScape includes an Environmental Policy Compliance Report. This report can be edited, or additional reports can be created.
The EM Policy Compliance Report includes several sub-reports, listed in the Reports to Include pane. Sub-reports are not intended to be run individually.
Create a New Environmental Monitoring Policy
- Navigate to Admin Console > Data Schema > Custom Attribute Types > Policies > Environmental Monitoring Policy and click the New Child Custom Type button.
- Add each of the twelve EM Policy Parameter attributes, defining a default value for each one.
- Click Add to open the Add Attribute pop-up window. In that window, select the attribute.
- Set the Category for the attribute to EM Policy Status.
- Set the Field Order if desired.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for the next EM Policy Parameter attribute.
- Save when finished.
The EM Policy Parameters that must be included are listed in the Sample Input Form for the EM Policy, and appear in the Asset Details pop-up window for a rack (see image below).