How to Add New Tag Groups
Adding a new Tag Group (e.g., 04V) allows you to add new a Group Codes (e.g., THSRCK). To add a new Tag Group, follow the steps below:
Note: If you are using Asset Manager, perform these steps in one of those two programs because Zone Manager inherits configuration from either of these, depending on which one you use.
- Log in to Zone Manager.
- Under Configuration, click Tag Groups.
- In the right window pane, click the Tag Group drop-down-menu and find the correct Treatment Code for the Tag Group that you want to add.
Note: The Treatment Code is located at the bottom right of the tag label.
After clicking the Treatment Code in the Tag Group drop-down menu, two new sections will appear in the right window pane with fields to complete.
- In the Group Code field in the Basic Information section, input a Group Code, which is a 6-character code found on the bottom left of a tag, right below the barcode (e.g., IRCODE, HUMRCK, RFCRCK, LOCATE, RCKDRY)
Note: Each Treatment Code can have multiple Group Codes. For example, Treatment Code 04A includes both the RFCLOC and LOCATE Group Codes.
- In the ID field, enter the Group Code again.
Note: The ID field is arbitrary. Therefore, most customers use the Group Code again in this field. However, if you have specific need or reason for entering something other than the Group Code, then you are able to do so using the ID field.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the window.